F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment with Insecticide
* Not suitable for use with cats
F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment is a multi-purpose broad spectrum preparation effective against a wide range of bacteria, fungi and viruses. The F10 actives are presented in an easily applied preparation containing lanolin to maintain and restore skin viability and with other components assist the ointment to adhere to the skin surface to form an effective antimicrobial barrier to re-infection. The F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment has been shown to maintain 100% residual action after 5 days.
Available in: 25g tubes and 100g and 500g tubs.
- Ideal as a topical application to treat and help prevent re-infection in a number of clinical situations either alone or in conjunction with associated therapies.
- Treatment of isolated fungal lesions e.g. ringworm on all species (except felines) of all ages.
- Superficial skin lesions, burns and open, deep penetrating or contaminated wounds: e.g. Friction burns; foreign body penetrations; bite wounds and open abscesses; scale and shell rot and heater burns in reptiles.
- Treatment of localised bacterial skin conditions e.g. skinfold dermatitis, hot spot, superficial pyoderma.
Directions for use:
For superficial lesions where appropriate, first clean and flush the lesion with an approved irrigating solution. Aseptically blot dry. Barrier Ointment can now be directly applied. Defects can be packed with the Ointment or applied directly to wounds that are then covered by dressings.
Tip: Filling the barrel of a syringe and ’squirting’ the ointment can often assist in placing it at the bottom of deep wounds.